Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cloth Diapers, Tattoos, and The Ward Camp Out June 29, 2008

So first...Yes, I started using cloth diapers this week. My mom gave me a few when Bran was born and told me I could use them as burp clothes, and that I did. There was NO way I was going to use cloth diapers, that's just gross. Well, after I had Trey I started thinking, it wouldn't be so bad to just give them try, I mean I would be saving money and helping the environment at the same time. So on Monday I went over to one of my friend's house and she showed me everything I needed to know about cloth diapers and even let me borrow some of her stuff. Well needless to say, they are gross but they do work! The first time I emptied the diaper pail to wash the diapers I almost lost my lunch it smelled soooo BAD! But, I think I can stick it out until Trey is at least a year old, at least that's my goal. Don't worry to all those who think I may have gone all Old Fashion and Tree Huggerish, I still will use the disposables when it's bed time and when we're out in public and on vacation.

Look at Trey Bug in his cute cloth diaper.


Second...I got my first tattoo this weekend (and probably my last tattoo also). For a long time I've wanted to get my eyebrows done, so I did! I made Brandon go with me to our local Spa and meet with the Permanent Make-Up lady, Brandi. I wasn't sure if I was going to do it or not, I just wanted to talk to her and after the consultation I decided to go ahead and get it done! They look pretty silly right now, but that is to be expected. Brandi says they should shrink a little bit and get quite a bit lighter (they better!). But so far I'm happy I did it and I'll post more pics after they heal. I think in about week they should be healed, but the total healing time is 6 weeks, after which I will probably go in for a touch up.

Before

During


After



Third...It was our ward camp out this weekend. Bran was pretty excited to go and was so sad when Brandon left to go to the store for some last minute things. Bran thought he had left him. So he cried himself to sleep on the floor with is backpack and hat still on. Trey, I don't think cared too much about the camp out, but he too fell asleep right after Brandon left. I just thought these pics were cute. The camp out was pretty fun, Trey and I left around 9pm and Brandon and Bran stayed the night in our tent. Brandon said Bran did good and had fun sleeping in the tent. I'm just glad Bran didn't get lost or eaten by a bear!

3 comments:

Ash said...

Cloth diapers? For real! I didn't see that coming. Good for you! I don't know that I could ever do that. Though I should have some on hand in case I have a child in diapers when the big earthquake hits:)!

Sweet tat! Did you want to cry while you were getting it done? Ouch!

Poor Bran! I love that he cried himself to sleep. What a little tender heart he is.

laci said...

I pretty much have to ditto Ashley. The cloth diaper thing surprised me, but cool too. Cleaning them would be amazing. (sarcastic of course) But, like she said, they'll be good for all the earthquakes coming our way. :) I'm starting to be real paranoid about that stuff too.
And I'm so happy you finally got your eyebrows done! I know you been wanting that for quite some time. They look great!
That picture of Branson all cried out made me laugh first, then feel sorry for him. That is a great picture. Trey is so cute and chill. I miss them!

Fortunes said...

I love that Bran fell asleep with his backpack and hat on. He's too cute. I've wanted to get my eyelashes died so I don't have to put on make-up anymore, but I haven't been brave enough. Did it hurt when they tatooed your eyebrows on? Do you ever have to pluck your eyebrows again. Do tell.
Julia