Sunday, July 06, 2008

4th of July Family Fun

We started our holiday weekend on Thursday, Brandon had the day off and since his company started having 4 day work weeks he now has Fridays off too (it is AWESOME!)! So, we headed up to Logan and made a quick stop at the Dinosaur Park in Ogden. It was pretty cool, but probably would have been more fun if Bran was a bit older and more into dinosaurs. After we got these two pictures our camera died...I must admit I was pretty disappointed at first about the camera, but after I got thinking about it, it probably made the park more enjoyable since I didn't have to yell at Bran the whole time to "smile and look at the camera" and still never get a good pic of him! However, I probably didn't learn my lesson, because next time we go, I'll make sure the camera is charged!

Yeah, that dinosaur is huge!
So, once we got to Logan it was time for the Logan City fireworks and we watched them with Grandma & Grandpa Buttars and the Godfrey clan. I think all the kids enjoyed cuddling up with Grandpa to watch the firecrackers (that's what I call them).

On the 4th...Grandpa's Birthday...We had a BBQ at Grandma/pa's house with the Poulsens and the Godfreys the food was yummy as always. After the cousins half ate their food (they were way to excited to play together) they went outside for some fun in the water.
There was the Slip N Slide
and the little swimming pool.
And of course, the Hot Tub! The kids were so freezing they were beggin to get in.
It was such a fun day and we ended it with doing our own fireworks in the driveway and a fire in Grandpa's fire pit...I'm always up for some smores!

On Saturday, Brandon and Jason went golfing, so I took the oppurtunity to hang with with Mandi at her house for a few hours. Bran had a blast following Harli around and repeating everything she said. He also had fun getting a tubby with Taeden and playing with all their tub toys.

Harli and Mayci enjoyed being a mommy to Trey Bug!
Taeden, Harli and Bran...up to no good!
Later that afternoon, Grandma & Grandpa decided to take the older cousins (how exciting that now includes Bran) to go see Walle. Brandon, Trey and I decided to tag along and we all had a good time and enjoyed the movie...but I don't think it is one we would buy.

On Sunday while everyone else was at church we packed up our car and got ready to go home, but not before Bran got some good play time with Tally and we got some good BBQ at the Poulsen's house.


Bran and Tally...those two are CRAZY! I felt bad because I went inside and left Bran out on the deck with Tally and a few minutes later we heard him crying, Tally got just alittle too rough with him and was nipping at him and scratching him...but a few minutes later he was back playing with her! He just loves that dog!

Mandi and Jason's BBQ

(as you can tell once my camera got charged, I got picture crazy...I hope you like pictures!)
Grandma Buttars and Trey
Oh, how the cousins love their Grandpa!
Bran, Harli and Payzli
Mayci and Pazyi (2 yrs old)
These two little girls are soooo cute!

Taeden and Brexton.....CRAZY SILLY BOYS!!
Ayda and her mama, Ashley...I'm so bummed I didn't get any pics of Ayda and Trey together...I'll have to do that next time.

When it was time to go home Bran just kept saying he wanted to go back to Grandma's house...he was so sad when we told him we had to go home to our house.

Our poor Bran is always crying himself to sleep (can you see the tears)...I'm just glad he fell asleep before we got to Grandma's house to pick up our cold drinks we left in the fridge. After that quick stop, we were on our way home. We had a great weekend, but it always feels good to be home.

Happy Birthday Grameripa!!!
(Brandon made that one up)

P.S. We missed you Nate and Laci and The Kingstons.

5 comments:

Ash said...

Thanks for letting everyone that comments on my blog know that I'm NOT soft-spoken. Some people still think I'm nice, and even quiet!

It was fun having you guys here over the weekend.

Sorry that I almost let your son drown. I did however save his life once!

Such a cute/sad picture of Bran crying himself to sleep. I think he's going to miss me. Forget Grandpa and Grandma.

Oh, and thanks for the sweet picture of me and Ayda...love it!

laci said...

All those pictures are so cute! I've always been slightly interested to go to that dinosaur place...I don't really know why cause I'm not a dino fan. :) Glad you guys had a good 4th...it looked like a fun party. Although I'm sure you missed us while we were at the store getting money for you. (that is so funny! I miss Bran!)

Fortunes said...

Looks like you had fun. We need to have our own little reunion.
Julia

Julie said...

How fun! when are we going to hang out? Have your eyebrows shrunk yet? I want to see them.

The Buttars Family said...

Tip to anyone with the double jogging stroller, the freaking thing doesn't fit through doors very well, besides that it's awesome. I think it's always been fun to have Dad's birthday on the 4th because it has always made us feel like we needed to get back to Logan for it. I love the 4th in Logan. Dad always has made it fun with his fireworks. Thanks Cody for being the pyrotechnics expert. I'll sweep if you light.

Oh that dinosaur place was the bomb. I recommend going in the spring or fall though. It was DANG hot that day. It would be even funner with all the kids together and like Peggy mentioned, the older more dinosaur obsessed.