Sunday, July 13, 2008

Work and Play 7/13/08

Yay! We finally got all the tree branches out of our yard (we had a ton, because we did some MAJOR pruning of our apple tree that was totally out of control). I called the YM Pres. to see if any young men would like to earn a little extra cash to help us, but none of the YM were available, so the YM Pres, Bro. Sorensen, came with his truck to help us. It's weird, but both Brandon and I have a really hard time accepting help from others, so it was a good and humbling experience for us and makes us both want to do more service and just be better people in our community and ward.
Well, after we got all the branches sent to the dump we had lots of little sticks to pick up and our yard to mow...so it was a really busy morning. But after our work was done I got to have a fun girls day out with my friend Julie. Brandon, once again, was so nice to let me go for the day while he spent some good quality time with the boys (after i was only gone for about 2 hours, I got call from him seeing when I was going be home...so I'm sure it was some FUN quality time)! But my quality time with Julie was sure fun. We went to Park City and rode the Coaster, which was a blast...I would highly recommend it to anyone. Then we ate at Baja Catina...which I would also highly recommend! After a good lunch, we went to the outlets, I mean really, can you go to Park City and not hit up the outlets. We didn't really buy too much but we had a good time. After getting back to Salt Lake we, of course, had to stop by "The District" and go to Target! It was a much needed get a way for me...I tell you what...Stay home moms have it tough and we deserve a day away every once in awhile.

4 comments:

Julie said...

You forgot to mention your spendy sunglasses that make you look rich, so rich that I am imtimadated to hang out with you afterall...you have always been my "rich friend" from the first day we met!
Thanks for hanging with me, it was a ton of fun- and thanks to your wonderful husband for allowing you to have the day off :)

Hayley said...

Peggy,
It was good to see you the other day at Ashley's. Your kids are just darling! I am just catching up on the blog and am amazed that you are using cloth diapers! Crazy!

Fortunes said...

I totally agree. We do need a day out with the girls. Sounds like a fun time.

Julia

The Buttars Family said...

Us dudes something forget how much work being a mom is. We play the whole I've been working all day card and forget the women have too. I figure I'd rather have Peggy go hang out a few times a month with an adult that listens way better than I do to her then have her just disappear one day and never come back. Not only does she need a break from the kids but her husband is a hand full too. He kind of needs to work on his husband and dad skills. It's always good to have the wifey leave and have the husband have to deal with all the crap that she has to deal with.