Sunday, June 22, 2008

All About Bran ... June 22, 08

Now that summer is in full effect Bran has found some new favorite activities.

Sidewalk chalk is always a good way of entertaining Bran.


I mean after all, you can line the chalk up...

You can stand the chalk up...

And you can even let Mommy have some fun drawing with the sidewalk chalk...okay, so maybe Mommy has more fun with the chalk, but you asked to play with it Bran. Besides, Mommy would not normally draw SpongeBob, Patrick and a Teddy Bear if it weren't for you! I must admit that the rainbow and flowers were of my own doing!

The verdict is still out if the sandbox was a good idea or not. While it provides hours of fun for Bran it also provides hours of cleaning sand out of all Bran's craveses and my house when he is done. I swear sometimes I think he is taking his shovel and just shoveling sand down his pants!!!

Nothin' like sitting in your little blue chair under the shade tree! Bran was pretty excited to get a chair that was "just my size."

Bran loves riding in Mommy's new double jog stroller beside his baby bro Trey Bug. Bran asks to go on walks almost everyday.

The famous Elmo sprinkler! I think this is Bran's most favorite summer activity. It's so fun for us to watch him laugh and play in it. About every 2 minutes Bran says "gotta warm up for a minute, but I'm not done" and he'll put his towel around him for about 3 seconds and off he goes again to get wet. The Elmo sprinkler definitely gets 5 stars.

Bran loves bubbles. His favorite are his Dora bubbles. I don't think we ever make a trip outside with out bringing them.

Bran loves swinging into the sky in his blue swing.

Sliding on his belly is Bran's new thing.

This is Bran's new PowerWheels ATV (we found it on KSL.com for a really good deal). It's pretty interesting watching him on it. He doesn't quite get the steering part so he always is running into the house, fence, trees, or whatever is in his path, causing him to get "a little bit stuck". That's what he always says, "Help, I got a little bit stuck." I'm just grateful we have 13 more years before we put him behind the wheel of the car. By watching him on his ATV it's going to take that long to teach him how to drive!!

And scary...He is already driving and talking on the phone! It actually makes us laugh, because we sometime wonder if he likes the phone better than the ATV.

Finally, Bran loves riding in his car seat. Especially when he knows we are going to Grandma and Grandpa's house. He is so funny with his seatbelt. He definitely learns from Dora, because he always says "Seatbelts so we can be safe."

Bran you are such a good boy and I hope you have the funnest summer ever. I hope we can add even more fun activities to your list. We are so excited to explore this world with you.

2 comments:

laci said...

Ok, that is scary. He looks like he is already 6! Bran you are getting so big! What a fun summer too! I want my own set of sidewalk chalk now. :) And poor Trey bug, I can't believe he's already getting teeth! But he is almost 7 months I guess. And guess what...I'm coming home on July 8th till the 15th, so if by some reason you guys are up I will get to see you!

Tiff said...

Your boys are so cute! I love all the pictures of Bran having fun! And poor Trey! Teething is not fun. My little guy had more trouble teething than my girls did. Thank goodness for Tylenol!