Thursday, June 12, 2008

"I ike gaap menine" June 12, 2008

Okay...Branson is sick again, no shocker there, he seems to get sick quite often these days. He woke up this morning as normal as could be, sippin' his chocolate milk and watching Timmy Turner in the Fairly Odd Parents (who, by the way, is NOT Jimmy Neutron! ... not to worry though, if you ever get these two confused, Bran will quickly and firmly set you straight!)
So anyway, Bran was settled in front of the TV (by now, Dora, was on) and Trey was down for a nap and I thought...perfect bath time...and it was. I had a very relaxing bath with no interruptions ... WHAT ... no interruptions. Bran didn't come check on me, not even once. He usually at least comes in once to ask, "You okay, Mommy?" Well, after the bath I headed down stairs to get ready for the day ... and what did I find ... Bran asleep in our bed. Maybe this is not weird for some parents, but for me, this was weird! Bran does not take naps this early (11:00 am), actually, we are lucky on days we get him to take a nap. So, I let him nap for awhile, and then decided to check in on him and noticed his ears and checks were very red and he was burnin' hot. I woke him up and took his temperature, it was 102. I knew I should give him some Motrin, but thought there was no way I was going to try to give him any by myself. He fights medicine with all his might, mind, body, and soul, that poor little guy. There really is no way to give him medicine alone ... it is a two man show, and even then he only gets maybe a drop, the rest is all over his face and the lucky med givers! I thought some rest would help him, and rest he did, around 4pm I took his temp again, and again it was 102. This time I decided to call the doctor (it's one thing to have a temp, but when Bran just wants to lay around and not move or eat...that's scary) so, the nurse said to give him Tylenol and Motrin and some pedialyte. I thought, I have to give him medicine now, I can't wait for Brandon to get home. So, up to the medicine cabinet I went and got the medicine and I carefully picked out the medicine dropper I thought would be the easiest to give the medicine in. Well, after quite the struggle and tears, I just begged him to taste the medicine ... and what happened next is AMAZING!!!! Bran said "Yummy, that grape medicine is yummy in my tummy" and then he proceeded to let me give him the whole medicine dropper full of grape Motrin. I'm not joking, this is a day to remember! It really is a miracle! After he finished his medicine, it was so funny, he kept saying "I ike gaap menine" (interpreted, for those of you who don't speak 2 yr. old, I like grape medicine) which really sounded more like, I like gay men, which really made me laugh even harder....but, don't worry, Bran, I know what you were saying.
So the day is over, Bran is in bed for the night, I've successfully given him two droppers of medicine with very little resistance. Last check his temp was 103. He has a doctor's appt. tomorrow ... so the story will continue.

2 comments:

Mat Siltala said...

I always knew Brandon would produce one of "those" kind of kids....just kidding, that made me LMAO!!!

laci said...

Oh Bran! I feel so bad for you. Uncle Nate doesn't like to take medicine much either...maybe he likes gay men too. Haha. That was the best story I've heard in a very long time. Hopefully he gets better soon! Give stuffed Tia lots of hugs that might help.