Monday, September 01, 2008

Mommy's Weekend Get-a-Way

Back in my college days I lived at Old Farm Apartments (Apt. S4 to be exact). While I lived there I had some way awesome roommates, Heidi, Carrie, and Joy. We had a lot of fun together and really lived up the good ole college days at USU. We swore to each other that when we moved out we would keep in touch and have roommate reunions every year....Well, we weren't so good at staying in touch which put a damper on the reunions. But thanks to a little invention called Facebook, we were able to all reunite and finally 8 years later plan our reunion. So Labor Day weekend we all met up in Park City and stayed at an amazing condo and had tons of FUN!
I had so much fun catching up on their lives and exploring Park City...I had no idea there was so many cool things to do there. We truly had a great time and I look forward to next year when we meet in Portland.
The only down side to our weekend was my DIET!!! We totally indulged in yummy food and tons of junk food...I don't know what it is but when girls get together chocolate has to be involved!!!

This is us at the Stein Erickson Lodge...that was our 1st indulgence...Raspberry Chocolate Decadence is to DIE for! And the Lodge is absolutely beautiful.
Joy (Las Vegas NV), Carrie (Sandy UT) Me, Heidi (Portland OR)...this pic was taken at our condo. The Alpine Slide...we also rode the coaster...So FUN and worth every penny!

The Olympic Park


This is at the Olympic Park...it is where Olympic skiers from around the world practice. We spent quite a bit of our time here. They are AMAZING to watch!

After a great weekend, I was ready to come home and be a wife and mom again. Brandon did a great job being home alone with the kids. I even came home to a totally clean house!
Brandon I owe you BIG time!

2 comments:

Splurp said...

Wow is that you Peg on the ski jump!! Again!!! The best one is when you were 8 1/2 months pregnant on that jump. Imagine that!

Fortunes said...

How fun! What a good hubby. Tell Brandon thanks for helping us move. When we get all settled in we'll have to get together.