Sunday, August 03, 2008

One CRAZY FUN week!

We haven't had a week as CRAZY BUSY as this week was in a long time. Nor, have I had a week as FUN as this week was in a long time either.
Monday - My visiting teaching companion, Janeece, and I (and our kids) went visiting teaching to 3 of our ladies...we had good visits and I really enjoyed getting to know some of the women in our ward a little better. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've been in our ward for a little over a year and this is my first time going visiting teaching. I've never actually been a fan it before, but now that I'm a stay home mom I think I will really enjoy visiting teaching a lot more.
Tuesday -Hum, was there a Tuesday this week, I can't remember! Oh yeah, Brandon and I had a fight because he went to Arby's and didn't get any Arby's Sauce! Note to anyone reading this...DO NOT ever go to Arby's for me and not bring me any Arby's Sauce!!!
Wednesday - The Godfrey clan came to visit us and stay the night. Cody had some work meetings in Provo and Brandon was at work so that left me and Ashley with 5 kids! And for some crazy reason we decided to take them to lunch at Chili's and then do some shopping. Lucky for me and Ashley (and probably the safety of Brexton and Bran) Brandon got off work a little early and met us at IKEA. After that we picked up Cody and headed back to our house to hang out and go to bed...Sorry guys our house was soooo HOT...Their whole family ended up sleeping in our living room on our futon mattress because our guest bedroom was too hot.
Thursday - Brandon and Cody had to go to work, once again leaving their crazy wives with the kids. We decided after breakfast to let the kids play outside (we really do try to be good moms and let our kids have fun!) and they did have a good time playing on the playground, sandbox, and in the pool. After play time we got everyone ready and decided to do more shopping with the promise if the kids were good we would take them to Jumping Jacks ... needless to say, we didn't make it to Jumping Jacks...maybe next time kids! After Cody got done with work on Thursday, they headed back up to Logan. Thanks for coming and staying with us, I really did have fun and you are more than welcome to come again anytime....we'll put the A/C in that back room for you.
Brexton, Payzli & Branson...at our little 7 Peaks!
This why you should use a swim diaper! Nice bum, Bran...I think that diaper weighs more than you!

Hey, some one let us out of here! Trey & Ayda...you guys are too cute.
Good thing you have a mini van, Ashley!

Friday - I had lunch with Janeece and then we had her kids come over and play while her and her husband went on a date. It's nice to have friends to trade babysitting with, especially since we live so far from family.
Saturday - I had so much fun hanging out with my friends Julie and Kate (who now lives in Australia). We always have so much fun when we get together and can catch up on each others lives and reminisce about the good ole days! We used to all be roommates and live in Salt Lake together. And actually, Kate was my first friend when I moved out here to go to USU...She's orginally from New York and me being from Ohio we just clicked right away. Anyway, we got together and made Kate's famous peanut butter balls....HEAVEN!!! They are sooooo YUMMY! I was sad to cut our day short, but I was excited to rush home and have a date with my hubby. Janeece watched our kids while we went and saw Dark Knight. Brandon picked the movie and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It was a great movie, I'm not surprised it is breaking records like crazy.

Me, Kate and Julie
Kate's yummy peanut butter balls...sorry we made them square and big, K8...we were just trying to help so we could eat them faster! Seriously, these are to die for.
Nothing like good friends....I love you, guys.

Sunday - The first sunday of the month is always busy with meetings. Today I had meetings before and after church for Young Womens and Brandon had meetings after church too. It is so nice to be home and have time to relax. Now we just need to get Bran down for a nap!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow you did have a busy, crazy week... I guess I can understand why you were soooo grumpy (ha ha ha) JK! I had a ton of fun, and cannot wait until our next adventure. I am glad that Kate made us be friends (or was it the chilli and fritos...?? which by the way I haven't had in a long time..we need to fix that)

laci said...

Wow, there were 2 posts I had to catch up on. I liked seeing Brandon's input...he needs to teach Nate that!
And your crazy week looked like lots of fun! I miss being home in the summertime. I must say you and Ashley might just be a little crazy to take all those kiddies to Chilis!! :) That is funny. Maybe we'll see you guys THIS weekend? That is crazy we can finally say that.

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

WOW who took those pictures? They are amazing!!! LOL
You are a busy woman - I am jealous :)