Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why all this torture!


Let me preface this story with "I know I'm a sucky mom!"
Every morning I get Trey out of his crib and let him crawl around and play while I go back to bed. Well, this morning, after I got Trey out of his crib, I swore I could hear him upstairs, which I thought was really odd because he has only ever gone up one or two steps, anyway, I decided to get my butt out of bed and go check on him. Sure enough he was all the way up stairs and playing in the kitchen! The torture came when I brought him back down stairs and he turned around and went right back up...that was pretty much how my whole day went. I guess it's time to invest in a gate!
Oh yeah, and I almost forgot...Trey is WALKING! Sure, he is falling down alot too...but he has been known to take about 20 or more consecutive steps!!! Way to go Trey, I'm sure that will only add to my torture!!!

7 comments:

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

YEAH TREY! You gotta love this phase in life. I call it 'anti-productive', because everything we do our kiddos undo it. AAAAHHHHH! I think I gained an extra 10 lbs and 10 grey hairs during that time. GOOD LUCK :)
ps - when are you coming to visit?

Ash said...

And you said you would never have to buy a gate. I think you jinxed yourself!
I can't believe he's walking already. More than 3 months younger than Ayda, and he beats her at walking. I can't wait to see him! What do you guys do to breed such early walkers:)?
Ayda isn't even close. Maybe by Trey's birthday she'll be walking:)

Ash said...

Hey, it's in the rules! I had to post the picture. And P.S. you just had a baby and I think you look good!
Now it's your turn. Don't break the rules just so you can get me back either:)!

Julie said...

So...reading your sidebar, I will tell you why you are not losing weight, it is because you are sooo stressed out for not making time to hang out with your BFF!! that's me!!
JK, you are doing awesome, hang in there it will happen, just be patient, and by the way I think you look great just the way you are...and if Mikey and Minnie have a problem with that send them to me, I will take them on :)

Fortunes said...

Go Trey Go! I love it when kids first start walking although my house takes a turn for the worst because nothing ever stays put. Michael destroys the house behind me. Gotta love motherhood.

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

I was wondering about you! Where have you been my friend? I've missed you.
The rocking horse is a hand-me-down unfortunately. I will find out where they got it though and let you know! have you tried Kid-to-Kid? they usually have stuff like this for super cheap. love that store. just don't tell anyone. ha ha

Tara said...

Hey Peggy. I love your blog. We really need to get together. I think about you guys a lot, and feel bad that I haven't seen you in so long. I am on the weight loss gravy train as well. How is it going for you?