Saturday, October 04, 2008

This ones for YOU, Dad!

I just thought you might want to see how those WILDFLOWERS I planted this summer turned out...

Individually and up close , they were so pretty...
All together, well, not so pretty! They kind-of took over our house! And they didn't even sprout their flowers until the end of August, which by then the stems were so big and tall they were falling over.


You see, I had to plant flowers this year, because last year when my parents were visiting they planted flowers all around our house for us...not to mention, they planted us a garden, too. My Dad kind-of has a HUGE green thumb! Well, I didn't want to let him down so I decided to plant some flowers this summer. As I was shopping for some I thought, they're so expensive, (at least for something I was pretty sure I was going to kill)! Then I thought, why not just buy some seeds, they are a lot less expensive, however, seeds need a lot of care and watering. So I decided, why waste the dollar. Just as I thought that, I saw it, a beautiful picture on a package of seeds, a beautiful picture of WILDFLOWERS and even better than the picture, they didn't need to be watered!!! I fell in love right there and then. Not only was I going to make my Dad proud, I was going to have beautiful flowers that I didn't need to water. I suppose it's true that "a picture paints a thousand words" ... and you see the picture!!! We finally pulled those monsters out and we now have our house back! I'm no green thumb, so take this advice for what it's worth, DO NOT PLANT WILDFLOWERS! Maybe next year I'll make you proud, Dad...better yet, what are you doing next spring, maybe a visit to Utah would be a good idea!

oh, and one more thing...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!

Other than the flowers, I thought you would also like to know that my kids are paying me back for all the things I did when I was little...I'm sure that puts a little smile on your face!

They keep me busy wanting to eat ALL the time
(Bran told me the other day that he hadn't eaten forever and ever....he had just eaten a bowl of cereal like an hour before!)

They rough house...I swear I can't let those two near each other!

They steal my stuff (and then hide it!)

They pout...does that remind you of anyone...I'm sure not me!!

They get into my stuff and throw it all over the floor.
And this is all in just ONE DAY!!!

But most of all...

They LOVE you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA KETTERMAN! Love, BranBran & Trey Bug

2 comments:

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

That is SO cute! I'm sure your dad will be happy to see this post.

I have the worst green thumb too. Aaron bought me this indoor plant that said something like "easy maintance" or something to the effect that it would take a lot to kill this thing. Well - I did. And Well - it took maybe only 2 days.
It especially effected me when I was pregnant! I was crying one day and Aaron asked "what's wrong". I had to admit to him that I was worried I would kill our baby like I did our plant. HORMONES i tell ya.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.