Sunday, January 04, 2009

Christmas 2008


We had an AWESOME Christmas.
Besides getting lots of cool gifts my favorite parts of Christmas were...
1. All of Bran's questions and concerns about Santa and there were ALOT of them!
2. When teaching Bran about how Mary had Jesus, Bran added, "And Mary had a little lamb, too." It was SO FUNNY!
3. Being with my family...Brandon ended up not working the whole week of Christmas, and it was awesome.

A few other Christmas things we did...
1. Decided it was too cold to go outside and make a snowman, so we brought snow inside and made one...it didn't work out too well, so Brandon and Bran decided to make rootbeer floats with the snow.
2. My in-laws sent us a gingerbread house to make as a family, so we put the kids down for a nap and did it by ourselves...when Bran woke up he was so EXCITED and said, "You did make that so I can eat it"! And that's exactly what he did, YUMMY!
3. We went to a Utah Flash game. It was alot of fun. Bran loved the blow up spirit sticks and the Fox mascot, he even got 2 high fives from him! Bran also said he liked watching the football players, which is funny because the Flash are a basketball team! Trey also had a good time, no joke, he was totally checking out the dancers, every time they walked by he followed them with his eyes! (As a side note, Brandon did too!!! I guess like father, like son!)

Oh and I almost forgot the MOST EXCITING thing about Christmas....
WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND (or Mickey Mouses house, as Bran calls it)!
Brandon's parents gave the whole family passes to Disneyland, California Adventure, Universal Studios, SeaWorld, and San Diego Zoo. We can't wait to go!

Anyway...I hope everyone is having a great 2009...and keep up those New Years resolutions! (that's a whole other post for me!)

6 comments:

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

no way! that is so exciting. what a nice present.
i think your snowman was cute!
i'm glad you had a great christmas.
ps: love your new bag!

Julie said...

Sooo glad to see that you had a very Merry Christmas...even if you didn't stop in Herriman when you were just an exit away...but since you now own a PURPLE purse and shirt..I guess I won't hold that against you (you not stopping by that is).
I can't wait until our date on Saturday...you know breakfast, lunch, and dinner..and most importantly, don't forget the night cap!!!
You better pull out your 5 page phone book and make some plans or I will not bring my DVD player, and that would be an awfully long ride to Disneyland without that luxury :)
Okay enough from me, have a Happy New Year, which of course you will because you will be with me!!

Julie said...

By the way, I forgot to mention I have a hair appointment at 1:00 on Saturday so we will have to skip breakfast unless you want to sleep in really late and have breakfast later?! Just letting you know

Fortunes said...

Merry Christmas! Loved your christmas card. Jer and I were lame and never got around to doing one.

laci said...

All those pictures are so cute! I think it's so funny Trey was impressed with the dancer girls...Nate would have liked them too. So I guess it's not just a father/son thing, but more of a Buttars thing. :)

Jen said...

Love the collage. Watch for one coming soon on my blog. :) Thanks for teaching me. I am glad that you guys had such a good Christmas. It is just so much fun with kids. Have fun in Disneyland. Yeah!